Happy Thanksgiving weekend! What are you grateful for this weekend? This recipe might just add one more thing to your gratitude list.
This is one desert that you don’t have to feel guilty about eating because it’s full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, omegas and protein.
Cacao is a super food which is a top source of antioxidants and contains an abundance of magnesium and iron. Hemp hearts are a great source of protein, Omega-3’s, Omega-6’s and vitamins. Pumpkin purée is chock-full of Vitamin A, Vitamin E, fibre and potassium. I recommend you make this into mini individual desserts as it’s very hard to cut through the chocolate once it reforms. This is really just another added benefit as this way they’ll all be portioned controlled.
Nutty Cacao Pumpkin Pie
Okay I lied… it’s not really a pie – but I bet you’ll love it just the same.
- 1 bar of your favourite organic dark chocolate
- 15 oz can organic pumpkin purée
- 1 tbsp Cacao
- 2 tbsp Hemp hearts
- ½ tsp Organic Vanilla
- A pinch of sea salt
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ground ginger
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp nut butter of your choice (optional)
- 1 small pot
- 1 spatula
- 6-8 mini serving dishes
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Melt the chocolate bar in a stove top pan and pour into the individual serving dishes. Refrigerate to solidify.
- In a large bowl mix the pumpkin purée with cacao, hemp hearts, vanilla, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground ginger.
- Optional – slowly add maple syrup until you reach desired sweetness (no more than 1 tbsp)
- Optional – add nut butter and mix well
- Remove the mini serving dishes from the fridge (the chocolate should be solidified at this point). Add the pumpkin purée on top. Put them back into the fridge or freezer until dessert time!
- Use a butter knife to cut around the edges of the dish – flip upside down onto a plate – serve & eat immediately.
Daily Affirmation: “I am grateful for this moment”