I am loving this smoothie lately! The spices make it taste like a yummy holiday dessert that you can enjoy guilt-free any time of the day.
- 1 frozen banana
- .5-1 cup of almond milk
- 1 tsp of chopped ginger
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp slippery elm powder
- .5 tsp grounded cloves
- .5 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3-5 ice cubes (depending on how thick you like it)
- vanilla (extract or powder)
- cacao bits
If you don’t have all of the ingredients listed above that’s fine, just add what you have on hand.
I like to freeze my bananas when they are over ripe (ie. brown spots) as they make for a sweeter smoothie. You could use a fresh banana as well but I find that frozen bananas give a better overall creamy consistency to the smoothie.
Not only is this smoothie delicious, it packs a powerful nutritious punch:
- Bananas are a great source of tryptophan which converts to serotonin which makes you feel gooood (think happy, happy!).
- Ginger is an amazing carminative herb which aids in digestion, and it’s anti inflammatory.
- Cacao is a powerful super-food bursting with antioxidants.
- Slippery elm is a wonderful demulcent herb, which acts as a bulking laxative, gently improving overall digestion.
- Maca is another powerful super-food that acts as a hormone modulator, balancing excess or deficient hormones in our bodies.
Daily Mantra: “I am enough”