I made this delicious Minted Feta, Grape & Cucumber Quinoa Salad from Fraiche Nutrition. It was exactly what my body was craving after the indulgent food from the holidays.
I made a few modifications (noted in turquoise) from the original only because I had the other ingredients on hand.
Serves 4-6 people.
- 3 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 long english cucumber, sliced (skin peeled if not organic)
- 1 cup of grapes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese (I swapped feta cheese for goat cheese)
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/8 cup of apple, chopped (I added this for some extra crunch. I used Fuji as I had it on hand but I think Granny Smith would best)
- 2 green onions, diced
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp. of honey (I swapped honey for maple syrup)
- salt & pepper to taste
- chia seeds to preference, sprinkled on top
- Prepare the quinoa and set aside to fully cool. (I prefer to pan fry dry quinoa for 1 minute in olive oil before cooking it as I find it gives it a deeper flavour and slightly more crunch.)
- In a large bowl, add the quinoa, cucumber, grapes, feta (or goat) cheese, mint, and green onion; toss to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, and honey (or maple syrup). Mix well and stir into the salad; toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
- Optional: Sprinkle with chia seeds. They’re a great source of essential fatty acid omega-3, fibre, and antioxidants.
Thank you Fraiche Nutrition for this awesome recipe! She has lots more so make sure to check out her blog at www.fraichenutrition.com
Daily Affirmation: “I am worthy of boundless love”