This smoothie is a doozie, it’s so scrumptious you’ll think you’re eating dessert. The best part is you can have it for breakfast and it’s super healthy!
Strawberry Banana Coconut Smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 frozen banana (tip: frozen bananas make for a much smoother, ice-cream like consistency)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes (tip: If you live in Vancouver, Choices Market has the BEST coconut flakes. They are thick chunks of organic coconut with no additives, and so much tastier than the common desiccated coconut which tastes like wax I.M.O.)
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp dried goji berries
- 1 tsp vanilla
- nut milk to preference depending on how thick you prefer your smoothie. Start with 1/2 cup and go up from there.
Blend all ingredients together to delicious perfection and enjoy!
Flax seeds are a GREAT source of fibre, and by blending them you will also benefit from essential fatty acids. Don’t buy pre-ground flax seeds as they go bad very quickly. It’s always best to grind them yourself, either in a smoothie/blender, or in a coffee grinder. These little seeds will keep you feeling full all morning.
Goji berries are one of my favourite SUPER foods, bursting with antioxidants to help repair oxidative damage in our bodies.
Daily Affirmation: “I honour myself by eating foods that nourish and replenish my body”